a photographer talks
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
DEADTV - Anton Newcombe
Anton Newcombe is the singer and creator of the Brian Jonestown Massacre. His music and the movie Dig are the stuff legends are made of. I missed several years in the history of this band while they were making history. They started playing about 1990 and the 1st time I came across them was this photo in the Vancouver International Film Festival film booklet 2004. The photo above was all I had to go on and decided to take Keith to see this movie Dig.
Anton lives in Berlin and is recording in a studio and broadcasting music on live TV from his living room. Anton is building a loyal base of watchers. I watch, I get up in the middle of the night sometimes to catch some of the broadcast (time difference from Berlin). The current link is http://www.ustream.tv/channel/brian-jonestown-massacre.
There have been many truly wonderful moments watching DEADTV but one of the best so far is when Anton took us to The Black Angels live on his macbook. We heard and saw them play, then we went backstage into the dressing room. The photo below was taken of my computer and posted on Flickr. That is Alex singer from the Black Angels in the middle and Anton on the right taken from the live broadcast.
well it was taken down today, but you can't kill the dead tv, it will rise again. I think I can hear the rock moving now. Updates soon.
- Night of The Undead part 4 (bands 13, 14)
- Night of The Undead part 3 (bands 9,10,11,12)
- Night of the Undead part 2 (bands 5,6,7,8)
- Night of the Undead (bands 1, 2, 3, 4)
- Randy Quaid part 2
- Public or Private
- Grinder & I are waiting for DeadTV
- DEADTV - Anton Newcombe
- Strange Powers: Stephin Merritt and The Magnetic F...
- The Yellow Bittern: The Life and Times of Liam Clancy
- Wed - Rejoice and Shout at VIFF
- Wed - Baby Arabia at VIFF
- VIFF 2nd movie is A Drummer's Dream
- VIFF 2nd day movie is A drummer's Dream
- VIFF 1st movie amazing - Microphone
- To the woman who asked Rampage who the two grannie...
- Bookcamp 2010
- Vancouver International Film Festival
- ▼ October (19)